CS371p Spring 2022: Week 14
- What did you do this past week? We went through some examples talking about static and dynamic binding, went through more of the specs for the Life project, did an exercise implementing the Circle class, and briefly talked about the virtual keyword.
- What’s in your way? As the semester is coming to an end, I’m finding it harder and harder to get the motivation I need to get all my stuff done. I hope I don’t end up procrastinating on the final projects for all of my CS classes.
- What will you do next week? I will go to class and also review the notes before class. It’s also going to be the last week of classes so I have a bunch of final projects that I need to complete.
- What did you think of Paper #14: The New Methodology? I think it is important to learn about agile software development because it is very commonly used in industry right now. Although you can learn it on the job, it is helpful to at least know how it works beforehand. However, I think that this article is quite dated and makes some assumptions about agile methodology that may not be relevant today. For example, it said that there may be a lot of limitations/boundaries/weaknesses that have not yet been discovered, but I would be curious to know if there are any that are present nowadays.
- What was your experience of Life, smart pointers, and virtual? I understand the specs for Life, but I think I’ll just use virtual tokens for the project, so I haven’t really thought about the implementation details. The discussion of smart pointers made sense to me with the given context of static and dynamic binding. I’m glad we talked about virtual because I feel like I’ve seen the keyword and learned about it before but completely forgot what it meant.
- What made you happy this week? I was able to relax a lot this week since I didn’t have anything due. One of my friends from high school also introduced me to webtoons, which are quite fun to read.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week? My pick of the week is to check out the campus events that are happening at the end of the semester! It’ll be a good way to destress and discover the resources that the university has to offer. I personally follow Campus Events + Entertainment on Facebook so that I can see what events are happening next. A lot of times they also give free food which is always a plus :)